Like all Apple products, the AirPods were designed to be user-friendly, making them easy to set up and use. With the open Bluetooth architecture of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer, you’ll be able to connect your AirPods with ease no matter where you are or what device you are using at the time. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about setting up and connecting your Apple AirPods with your mobile device or computer. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be ready to go in no time!
Step 1: Open Bluetooth on your iPhone
Head to your iPhone’s Settings app, then tap Bluetooth. Next, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on—the switch should be green. Once you’ve verified that Bluetooth is on, it’s time to connect your AirPods. Open the AirPods case and wait for the indicator light inside to turn white. Then open up the charging case again and follow these steps
1) Hold down the power button located on the back of one of the earbuds until they both power on.
2) The left earbud will show a flashing blue ring while the right one will show a flashing orange ring.
3) Put both AirPods in your ears and give them a quick double-tap to complete pairing with your iPhone. 4) You’ll now see the word Connected under your name and an animation of two AirPods next to each other at the top of the screen.
5) If successful, you’ll also see a blinking blue icon next to your battery icon at the top of your phone’s screen.
6) To disconnect from Bluetooth, simply hold down on either AirPod again until they power off.
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth on the Speaker
In order to connect your AirPods to your speaker, you’ll need to make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. To do this, open the Settings app on your speaker and tap Bluetooth. Then, tap the switch next to Bluetooth to turn it on. If you don’t see the Bluetooth option in your Settings app, it’s possible that your speaker doesn’t have Bluetooth capabilities. There are plenty of other ways to stream music wirelessly from your mobile device, but if you’re looking for a quick way to get music playing on your speaker without any hassle, we recommend using an audio cable instead. The process is simple: Just plug one end of the cable into the headphone jack on your mobile device and then plug the other end into an auxiliary input port on your speaker. You can use this same technique with a laptop as well!
Step 3: Open Bluetooth Settings on the Speaker
Now that your speaker is in Bluetooth discovery mode, you need to open the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device or computer. This will allow the two devices to see each other and connect. On most smartphones, it’s under Settings > Bluetooth. On Windows computers, it’s under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Add a Device. On Macs, click on System Preferences > Bluetooth. Select Apple AirPods from the list of available devices. Enter your pairing code if prompted (if not prompted, skip this step). Click Continue when done. If needed, follow these same steps on any other wireless speakers you want to pair with your mobile device or computer.
Step 4: Choose AirPods from Available Devices
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Look for your AirPods under Other Devices and tap on them.
- Once they’re connected, you’ll see AirPods under My Devices in Settings > Bluetooth.
- Now you can use your AirPods with your iOS device.
- You can also use them with your Mac, Apple Watch, or any other Bluetooth-enabled device.
Step 5: Select Connect from Bluetooth Menu
In order to connect your AirPods to your mobile device, you’ll need to select Connect from the Bluetooth menu. To do this, simply open the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and select the AirPods option from the list of available devices. Once you’ve done this, your AirPods should be successfully connected to your mobile device!
Step 6: Play Music On Speakers
If you’re like me, you’re probably using your AirPods more often than not. And why wouldn’t you? They’re extremely convenient and easy to use. But did you know that you can also use them as a regular pair of headphones? Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Place your AirPods in the charging case, then open the lid.