As one of the most widely used operating systems, Windows 10 has its fair share of glitches and annoying behaviours. But did you know that you can fix some of these issues with the Ultimate Power Plan? This feature uses a combination of battery saver and performance settings to give you more control over your computer’s efficiency, so it won’t waste power or slow down during long periods of use or short bursts of intensive activity. Here’s how to get the most out of Windows 10 with the Ultimate Power Plan!
What is it?
Windows 10 offers two power plans by default: Balanced and Power saver. However, there’s a third, hidden power plan that offers the best of both worlds. This plan, called the Ultimate power plan, is designed to give you maximum performance when you need it, while still conserving energy when you don’t. The only downside is that this plan doesn’t come enabled out of the box, so here’s how to enable it:
The Ultimate power plan also comes with three customizable preset modes. These preset let you choose which type of task should have priority for high-performance processing and which should have low priority, maximizing your battery life at all times. For example, under Balanced mode, videos will play in 1080p on the system’s built-in display (if available) but lower resolutions on other displays. But under Power Saver mode, videos will play in 480p on all displays regardless of quality setting. So if you want to prioritize video playback quality over saving battery life, go with Ultimate Performance.
How to activate it
Windows 10 has a number of power plans that are designed to save energy and improve performance. The ultimate power plan is the most aggressive in terms of performance and can be activated by following these steps
- Select Control Panel from the Start Menu or Taskbar
- Click System and Security from the list on the left-hand side
- Click Power Options from this menu
- Click High Performance on this screen
- Change other settings as desired
- Click Save Changes at the bottom
- Close all open windows and restart your computer for changes to take effect
Turn off hybrid sleep
Windows 10’s hybrid sleep is a new power-saving feature that automatically puts your PC into a low-power state when you’re not using it. This can help improve performance and battery life, but it can also cause problems. If you’re having issues with your PC, you can try turning off hybrid sleep to see if that helps. Open Control Panel, go to System and Security > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Turn on never for Put the computer to sleep.
Turn off the device manager restart setting
One simple change you can make to increase performance is to turn off the device manager restart setting. This setting is located in the Advanced System Settings, and can be turned off by following these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type control sysdm.cpl and press Enter.
- Click on the Hardware tab and then click on Device Manager. 4. On the right-hand side, scroll down until you see the Devices without drivers heading.
- Uncheck the Allow computer to turn off this device to save power option below it and then click OK.
Hibernate is a power-saving mode that’s designed to extend your battery life. When you enable hibernate, your computer will save any open files and programs to your hard drive and then power off. To enable hibernate in Windows 10, do the following
- Right-click on the battery icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Select Power Options.
- Click Choose what the power buttons do.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
Windows 10 is a great operating system, but it can be a little quirky. One way to make sure you’re getting the most out of it is to use the Ultimate Power Plan. This plan gives you more control over your computer’s performance and can help improve its overall speed and stability. The Ultimate Power Plan will save battery life as well by controlling when your computer uses maximum power. You’ll need to customize some settings before using this plan if you want to get the best results.